Basic English Grammar

 Basic English Grammar

Q: What is the grammar?

Ans: The rules of reading, writing and speaking of language is called grammar.

Q: What is the letter?

Ans: Every symbol of alphabet is called letter. Example: A B C……Z.

                Main two types of letter.

1)      Vowel           2) Consonant

Q: What is the vowel?

Ans: Vowel is a letter which helps to make the word.

                (a,e,I,o,u)

Q: What is the consonant?

Ans: Consonant is a letter which is known and read.

                (b,c,d,f,g,h,j,k,l,m,n,p,q,r,s,t,v,w,x,y,z)

Q: What is the word?

Ans: A group of letters which gives complete meaning is called word.

                Example: Pen, Book, Table, etc.

                Withè It is said to be single word.

                With+Outç è Withoutè It is said to compound word.

Q: What is the sentence?

Ans: A group of words which gives complete meaning is called sentence.

                Example: I eat a mango. You go to school. I take tea.

                Hence every sentence has two parts.

                Subject: The part which names the person or thing we are speaking about.

                Predicate: The part which tells something about the subject.

                Main seven kinds of sentence.

1.Assertive Sentence 2.Interrogative Sentence 3.Optative Sentence 4.Emphatic Sentence

5.Imperative  Sentence 6.Exclamatory Sentence 7.Conditional Sentence

Q: What is assertive sentence?

Ans: This kind of sentence which shows narrate something. Example: I am a teacher. He is a boy.

                Main two types of Assertive Sentence.

                1.Positive Sentence 2.Negative Sentence

                Positive Sentence: This kind of sentence which shows affirmation in the sentence.

                                Example: They are honest. We are good boys. I go to school.

                Negative Sentence: This kind of sentence which shows negation in the sentence.

                                Example: I do not go to school. We are not good boys. They are not honest.

Q: What is interrogative sentence?

Ans: This kind of sentence which is used to ask questions. Example: Do I go to school?  Are you a boy?

Q: What is optative sentence?

Ans: This kind of sentence which shows wish  or blessing in the sentence.

                                Example: Would that I were a king!  May God give you long life!

Q: What is emphatic sentence?

Ans: This kind of sentence which shows emphatic in the sentence.

                                Example: He is really my fan. I will go to school. She does speak truth.

Q: What is imperative sentence?

Ans: This kind of sentence which shows order, request or advice.

                                Example: Get out from here. Please don’t talk. Take care of your health.

Q: What is exclamatory sentence?

Ans: This kind of sentence which shows strong, feelings or emotions in the sentence.

                                Example: What wonderful weather it is!   How tall they are!   Alas! He was died.

                                                Hurrah! I won the match.  What is a beautiful car!

Q: What is conditional sentence?

Ans:  This kind of sentence which shows condition in the sentence.

                                Example: If water freezes it becomes solid.

                Rule 1è First part will be translated in present tense and 2nd part in future tense.

                                Example: If you work hard, You will pass examination.

                Rule 2è First part in past perfect tense and 2nd part in future perfect tense.

                                Example: If I had gone there, I would have met him.

(Shall/Will haveà would/ should have)

                Rule 3è First part in past tense and 2nd part in future tense.

But Should and Would may be used instead of shall and will.

                Example: If I went to Karachi, I would bring a ring for you.

Q: What is phrase?

Ans: A group of words which does not give complete meaning is called phrase.

                                Example: Under the table. On the cot. Made of gold.

                                Main five kinds of phrase.

1.Noun Phrase 2.Verb Phrase 3.Adjective Phrase 4.Adverb Phrase 5.Prepositional Phrase

Q: What is noun phrase?

Ans:  A noun phrase has a determiner, an adjective or a pronoun.

                                Example: A good flight, His crew, A pilot, A newspaper, next week etc.

Q: What is verb phrase?

Ans: A verb phrase has an ordinary verb or an auxiliary verb.

                                Example: Come, was left, had, has, have, will be writing, was, were etc.

Q: What is adjective phrase?

Ans: An adjective phrase has an adjective and an adverb of degree.

                                Example: Very late, Pleasant, very good etc.

Q: What is adverb phrase?

Ans: An adverb phrase has an adverb and an adverb of degree.

                                Example: Quickly, Almost certainly etc.

Q: What is prepositional phrase?

Ans: A prepositional phrase is a preposition and noun phrase.

                                Example: After lunch, Under the table, On the chair etc.

Q: What is subject?

Ans: Doer of work in the sentence. Example: I take tea.  I, We, You, They etc.

Q: What is verb?

Ans: A verb is a word which tells something about a person, thing or an animal is called verb.

                                Example: I go to school.  Go, Come, Eat, Drink, Sit etc.

Q: What is object?

Ans: Bearer of work in the sentence. Example: I eat a mango. Mango, School, Book, Letter etc.

                



 Basic English Grammar

Pakistan Studies Books in Urdu PDF Free Download - Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Difference Between a Phrase and a Clause

سلطان قطب الدین ایبک۔۔۔۔

What is a Desert? Characteristics of Deserts,Importance of Deserts, and Types of Deserts